The Swaminarayan Summer Play Scheme has been a great success over the last 8 years. The Play Scheme is run over the first four weeks of the summer holidays and a range of fun filled activities are planned for the children.
Keeping in line with the ethos of our school, we begin each morning with daily prayers and say them before lunchtime as well. We offer:
- basic yoga classes
- arts and crafts activities
- movie making
- art competition
Two day trips are organised during each week, the cost of these vary and are included in the weekly cost.
Some of the creative activities we plan include:
- news reporting
- making puppets and performing a show
- painting outdoors with hands and feet
- sculpting with clay and making gifts
Some of the outdoor activities include:
- water games and races
- paddling pool for younger children (weather permitting)
- team building games such as the Parachute
- dodge ball
We also use the school's gym, playing various sports such as:
- football, cricket, netball and basketball
Each day your child will need:
- a bottle of water
- a rainproof jacket and a packed lunch
The packed lunch should follow our vegetarian guidelines and SHOULD NOT contain garlic, onions, meat products, gelatine, fish or eggs. Also, NO fizzy drinks please. A change of clothes is to be sent in on days of outdoor water play.