Timetable for the School Day
|Morning Session||Afternoon session|
|Kindergarten||8.25 - 11.30||2.00 - 3.30|
|Nursery||8.25 - 12.00||2.00 - 3.30|
|Reception||8.25 - 12.15||1.25 - 3.30|
|Key Stage 1||8.25 - 12.15||1.25 - 3.30|
|Key Stage 2||8.25 - 12.30||1.25 - 3.30|
Punctuality and Attendance:
Punctuality is an important part of self-discipline and is essential for good time management.
- Kindergarten and Nursery children should be delivered to their designated areas by 8:20am.
- Key Stage 1 (Infants) must be in the dining room by 8:15am for reading time.
- Key Stage 2 (Juniors) must be in the junior playground by 8:15am for reading time.
- Any children left before 8:00am are not the responsibility of the school.
The proper place for you to be on a school day is at school. If you are not at school then you must have a justifiable reason. If you are absent from school it is essential that we receive a note from your parents. Only in exceptional circumstances will permission be granted for holidays during term time.
If your parent needs to collect you, you must remember to go to the school office so that the secretary can sign you out.
Dental/medical appointments etc. should be made out of school time. If this is unavoidable, parents should send a note to your teacher.
No adult should remain on the school premises without permission.
If a parent wishes to meet a teacher then they should notify the school office.
Remember that the playground is also a car park so please stay with your parents while being brought to or collected from school.
Please keep all gangways free from bags, books, etc. Do not lean out of windows. Use chairs for sitting on only. Fire regulations must be followed at all times.
All pupils are expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:
- Pencil sharpener
- Ruler (30cm)
- Coloured pencils/ felt tip pens
In addition, KS2 pupils should have the following:
- Black or blue fountain/handwriting pen
- Pocket dictionary
- Green Pen
Pupils in years 5 and 6 should also bring:
Valuables and Lost Property
- Toys, mobile phones, games, non-religious jewellery (girls with pierced ears may wear studs only), money or other precious items should not be brought into school, unless requested by the teacher. Stealing and dishonesty will not be tolerated.
Any valuables brought into school will be at the owner’s risk. The school/staff will not accept responsibility for these.
Breaks and Food
Well-balanced, nutritious, vegetarian lunches are cooked in our own kitchens every day.
A weekly menu is displayed outside the dining area at the start of every week.
Do not bring any of the following into school:
- Crisps (except on fasting days), chewing gum, sweets, chocolate, fizzy drinks or foods containing garlic, onions, eggs, meat, fish, gelatine or any other animal by-products.
- The Swaminarayan School operates a nut free school policy. Further information is available here.
You may bring in a healthy snack (such as fruit) and pure fruit juice (with no added sugar) or water in a plastic bottle. Only water will be allowed as a classroom drink- these should be brought in a bottle with a sipper top.